Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Little Comedy of Errors

Every week I send out an email newsletter for a club that I am part of. And every week, without fail, there is something that goes wrong - a piece of information that is missing, a late submission, an mistake in a time or a date... There's always something.

This week there were two things...
  • Despite contributing to the newsletter almost every single week, there is one guy who always manages to update the website at the exact time that I am sending the newsletter off. This frustrates me immensely. I can't keep checking the website all night for updates and I send this newsletter at the same time every single week. Yet, every week I feel guilty, feeling certain that if I had just checked the website one more time, the late change could have been included.
  • This week, there was a document to be attached to the newsletter. Unbeknownst to me (being merely the secretary), one of the senior club organisers had promised several people the registration form would be attached to the newsletter. When I came to attaching it, however, I found it wouldn't open properly on my computer without crashing my Word program. So instead of emailing the organiser back and letting him know the problem, I just ignored because I have an assignment due tomorrow and this crashing Word business was scaring me. So I sent the newsletter off without it.

One small newsletter. One of the many millions of emails some people may receive in the inbox each week. But every issue has its own story.

1 comment:

Veronica Harmonica said...

Lol! This is similar to the welcome packs I am in charge of at work. When I correct typoes and little things on them sometimes I think I shouldn't bother as the recipient probably won't even notice their street name spelt incorrectly, sometimes even their name (Holy instead of Holly)... or when I had a great giggle to myself at this guy whose last name was Snape, and considered changing his first name to Severus on the letter... but yes, many packs have their own story ^_^

Ah, a comedy of errors. You are hilarious, my dear.