Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fashion... Yeah, right...

I am very sorry to all those fashionistas out there, but I can't stand the current fashions! There are just some looks out there at the moment that I think are either too ugly, too impractical, or just plain wrong, wrong, wrong.

1. There is no logical reason to wear shorts and thongs with a scarf wrapped tightly around your neck as if you are traversing Antartica. Either it is cold enough to wear the scarf, in which case you should be wearing clothes, not accessories, to keep you warm, or it is warm enough to wear your summery stuff without the scarf. Make up you mind, people!

2. If you are cold, put your jumper on. If you are hot, take it off. I'm sick of seeing people walking around with their arms through the sleeves of the jumpers, but not bothering to actually put the jumper on. Come on, take a look at yourselves! You look stupid!

3. Gumboots are not ever to be considered 'in fashion'. Full stop. I don't care who makes them, or what print they have on them, they are a type of footwear intend for gardening and wading though streams when fishing. They are not a fashion item!

There are other things that annoy me about the 'look' many people seem to be sporting nowadays, but those are my top three nitpicks for the moment.

1 comment:

Veronica Harmonica said...

I see the black stockings with brown boots combo didn't quite make it to your top 3!! Shock horror!