Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Commitment to Loveliness

This is an idea from... I can't really say a friend, cause I don't know her ( I haven't even commented on her blog!)... let's say a fellow blogger, whose journalling I have been following for a while, and which may have inspired me to take up the practice myself. Anyway, she has this thing - I don't know what you'd call it - called A Commitment to Loveliness, where you choose 5 things to make your life and that of those around a little bit more beautiful, and complete them during the week. Here is her list below:


http://charmingthebirdsfromthetrees.blogspot.com/2008/05/may-18th.html

So, here are my five things to make life that little bit more beautiful:
  1. Clean up my bedroom - to the degree that I can vacuum and there is no clothing not in a drawer or the wardrobe!
  2. Make fairy bread for the exec team and for my university friends!
  3. Do the ironing this weekend, so my mum doesn't have to do it.
  4. Catch up with the friends I haven't seen all week, and treat them to coffee/hot chocolate/any kind of chocolate.
  5. Find old cross stitch projects and start finishing them off.

Hopefully those things will contribute to making life that bit better for us all. After all, what's life without a few glimpses of beauty and loveliness?

2 comments:

Grace at Home said...

Oh I must know what fairy bread is, please! :)

Kit said...

Oh... umm... Fairy bread is really simple - it's just our name for bread spread with butter and sprinkled heavily with Hundreds and Thousands (the little round multi-coloured candy sprinkles like you put on cakes). It's a favourite for kids' birthday parties where I live, and all my early 20's aged uni friends spent the afternoon reliving happy memories.