Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday Tunes: Edition 1

I love music. Yes, I do. And so I've decided that every now and then, I am going to share with you a song (or part of a song) that has touched my heart. And so, it gives me great pleasure to present to you "Spoken For" by MercyMe.

Take this world from me
I don’t need it anymore
I am finally free
My heart is spoken for
Oh and I praise You
Oh and I worship You

Covered by a love divine
Child of the risen Lord
To hear You say, “This one’s Mine”
My heart is spoken for

Now I have a peace
That I’ve never known before
I find myself complete
My heart is spoken for
Oh and I praise You
Oh and I worship You

By the power of the cross
You’ve taken what was lost
And made it fully Yours
I have been redeemed
By You who spoke to me
Now I am spoken for

Take this world from me
I don't need it anymore

Written by MercyMe and Peter Kipley© 2002 Simpleville Music (ASCAP) / Songs from the Indigo Room (SESAC)


I'm very fond of MercyMe, but in particular this song, the title track of their second album. It always reminds me that God wants me just as I am, and that other than Him, I don't need anything else to complete me. Not a university degree, not a boyfriend, not perfect health. Nothing.

And my response can only be to give over my heart to Him. There is nothing in the world that I need so much as Him, and even though it's often not the case, I would love to be able to stand up to the world and tell it to leave my heart alone, because I've already given it all away to the God whom I love.

No comments: