Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Should auld acquaintance be forgot...

I can't believe that it has come around to New Year's Eve again. It seems only yesterday that I was sitting around with friends, hearing Auld Lang Syne being played and watching the fireworks from Sydney Harbour rain down from the Bridge. It has been such a big year of growth for me.

Yesterday someone asked me if I had made any New Year's resolutions yet. Normally I think these are silly, that they are just things that people say but never carry through with. But it got me thinking... why do I need to resolve to do something like exercise more or eat better, something I am never going to do? What if I resolved to do something that actually meant something to me, like commit to pray regularly for my family?

I haven't decided what my actual resolutions will be yet - I have until midnight to work it out. But hopefully whatever it is, I will be able to keep them!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I always find it a bit funny that we all make resolutions on that particular day, why not any other day?
I never keep to my resolutions, mainly because they are so impossible to achive, much better to just have a smaller goal which I know I may actually achive :)